In this two-hour workshop, a critical understanding of holding space for end-of-life conversations within the therapeutic relationship will be facilitated. Participants will be invited to explore their own relationship to death and gain valuable tools for opening conversation with their clients, both when they are faced with a specific life limiting illness and when they are facing existential crisis. Participants will emerge better prepared to navigate this taboo subject and use these conversations as an entry point to growth and meaning.
This is free online course. This course is for therapists, social workers and other mental health professionals.
Course is eligible for two (2) CEUs. Available to LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Participants are required to complete a course post-test (minimum test score 80%) and the course evaluation. CE completion certificates will be emailed to participants within 10 days of receipt of completed post-test and evaluation.
- Participants will be able to define end of life interventions
- Participants will be able to identify strategies for opening discussion
- Participants will be able to gain comfort in the end-of-life space so that they can facilitate investigation in their clients
- Describe interventions for discussing end-of-life.
- Discuss impediments to the investigation of end-of-life in the therapeutic relationship
- Describe effective management of boundaries within therapy when the client is at the end of their life
Cheryl Espinosa Jones (CA MFT#27876) is a grief counselor, educator, writer and radio host (Good Grief at the VoiceAmerica network). She also created the Continuing Education program at WCRC, managing and teaching in it for its first 3 years. Her first wife died in 1995 after living with life limiting cancer for 10 years. During that time, along with the difficulties, came a transformation in Cheryl’s life and the lives of her children. Cheryl’s mission is to open our conversations on illness, death and grief; the devastating and the transformative aspects.
To register, please click HERE.
Registration closes Wednesday, June 2, 2021 @ 5pm. You must be registered to attend.
Questions? Contact Gayle @ 510.809.0216 or [email protected]