In response to public health and safety issues related to COVID-19, WCRC is not providing in-person services and support at this time. Instead, we are offering our programs using a combination of videoconferencing, phone, and email. For example, our support groups and many of our wellness workshops are being offered via videochat to allow clients to stay connected to their WCRC community.
Women’s Cancer Resource Center helps women with cancer improve their quality of life through education, supportive services, and practical assistance.
There are many ways to get emotional, informational, and financial support at Women’s Cancer Resource Center. The links below will get you started.
- We offer a wide range of support groups.
- You can contact the Information and Referral Helpline with questions about our programs and how to access community resources.
- You can get community and language-specific assistance through the Sister to Sister Program for women of African descent or Programa Latino, providing Latina/Latino Cancer Navigation assistance.
- We provide free counseling and psychotherapy to low-income women.
- We can help you with one-time emergency financial assistance through two grant programs.
Because of COVID-19, we are not providing client support from our building but we are still here to help you. If you are in need of assistance, we ask that you call our Information and Referral Helpline at (510) 420-7900 to leave a message. We will return your call as soon as possible.